Upper South Street is an apartment community for seniors age 62 or older, or mobility-impaired of any age, featuring 45 one-bedroom apartments and one (1) two-bedroom apartment. Upper South Street is tucked away from the main street in the village of Geneseo located at 600 Country Lane. Each apartment features a full kitchen and large living/dining area. The building offers a community room for resident gatherings and entertainment, along with a relaxing outdoor patio, complete with a gas grill for outdoor cooking.
One apartment is fully wheelchair accessible and all apartments are handicapped visitable or adaptable. Hot water is included with rent and a utility allowance is available for electric. On-site laundry and a community room are available.
Geneseo’s restaurants, shopping, healthcare services, and pharmacies are just minutes away. Meals on Wheels is also an option in the community. The nearby Geneseo Neighborhood Program offers a full calendar of fun health and wellness activities open to seniors in and around Upper South Street—with many virtual offerings at this time.
All apartments are smoke-free.
- Secure lobby with Intercom access
- Full kitchen including stove, range and refrigerator
- Abundant closet space
- Easy-to-clean plank flooring
- Call lights in bedrooms and bathrooms
- Elevator and laundry facilities in building
- Wi-fi access
- Free off-street parking
- Hot water included with rent plus utility allowance for electric
- Pets are allowed (one dog or cat under 25 lbs) with signed pet addendum to lease
- Assistive animals for persons with a disability are accepted
- Community room with TV
- Beauty/barber services available on-site
- Fire alarm and sprinkler systems
- Smoke-free housing
- Housing units for Seniors 62+ or mobility impaired of any age
- Rent is based on 50% AMI
- One-bedroom rent is based on 30% of your adjusted gross income
- The two-bedroom apartment rent is $559/month.
- Residency is limited to households (HH) below 50% of the Annual Median Income (AMI). Other occupancy requirements apply (see Program Information Sheet in the application packet).
- Maximum allowable incomes: 1 person HH AMI $26,750; 2 person HH AMI $30,600
- Two-bedroom maximum income allowance: 1 person HH AMI $26,750; 2 person HH AMI $30,600; 3 person HH AMI $34,400; 4 person HH AMI $38,200
For a complete application package, Program Information Sheet, and list of Tenant Selection Procedures, please click here or on the APPLICATION button.
Application packages can also be picked up at the following locations:
Upper South Street Senior Housing
Country Ln, Geneseo, NY 14454 | 585-243-1664
Providence Housing Development Corporation
1150 Buffalo Rd, Rochester, NY 14624 | 585-529-9555
Providence Housing is a not-for-profit corporation affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Providence develops, finances and manages housing for individuals and families in the 12 counties of the Diocese of Rochester.
Notice Disclosing Tenants' Rights to Reasonable Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities (click here).
- Housing for Seniors
Directions: From the corner of routes 39 and US-20A, at The Homestead, continue east on US-20A (South Street) for .7 miles and turn right on Country Lane. The apartments will be on your right.
1-Bedroom Apartment: 540 sq ft
ADA Wheelchair Accessible Apartment: 642 sq ft